College of Mines and Earth Sciences Dean’s Office Scholarships
Considerable financial support is available to qualified undergraduate students, majoring in one of the College of Mines and Earth Sciences departments, through special grants and endowments donated by industry and individuals. Scholarship award amounts vary from $500 to $2,000+ and are based on various factors, including; academic standing, field of study, financial need, life situation, and community or university involvement.
Beginning with the 2018-2019 academic year, a completed application is required from all students desiring to be considered for a Dean’s Office Scholarship. The application is open to current students, incoming freshmen, and transfer students. Applicants will be considered for all Dean's Office scholarships that they are qualified for. These scholarships are in addition to any that may be awarded on the department level.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Please be aware that the information on this page refers only to scholarship awarded by the Dean’s Office. Each department within the College of Mines and Earth Sciences awards scholarships individually. Please contact your specific department for information on the scholarships they award.
Scholarship application priority deadline is February 15th
Applications received after this date will be considered but applications received prior to the deadline will be given preference.
To be eligible for CMES Scholarships offered by the Dean's office:
- You must be a declared major in one of the degree-granting departments of the College of Mines and Earth Sciences: Atmospheric Sciences - Geology & Geophysics - Metallurgical Engineering - Mining Engineering
- Hold a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Enroll and attend full time (12 credit hours)
- Complete the Dean’s Office General Scholarship Application
- Submit the completed application or address questions to:
email to: email@example.com mail or in-person to: