- Must be an enrolled, degree-seeking undergraduate in the College of Mines and Earth Sciences
- Must be in good academic standing with the University of Utah (3.00 GPA or higher)
- Must be registered for courses (full or part-time) in Fall and Spring semester
- Financial Award of $250 for Spring semester. After a successful completion of the first semester the award may be increased to $500
- Develop presentation, communication, and leadership skills
- Obtain experience in public relations and interpersonal skills
- Develop confidence vital to future success in job interviews and career advancement.
- Broaden networks among University of Utah and College of Mines and Earth Sciences alumni, faculty, staff, students, and industry partners
- CMES Ambassador attire to be worn at events.
CMES Ambassador Duties:
- Representing the University of Utah and the College of Mines and Earth Sciences (CMES) at recruitment and campus events.
- Planning, promoting, and increasing involvement in student events and opportunities.
- Providing feedback on university, college, and department initiatives.
- Communicating with prospective students and families (in-person and through calling campaigns) relating to the University of Utah and the College of Mines and Earth Sciences academic programs, faculty, physical facilities, social opportunities, and student services.
- Attending required meetings.
- Supporting special alumni events and communications.
- Contacting and presenting at your high school, previous institution, or one that we select with you.
- Allowing prospective students to shadow you during your classes
- Membership in the College’s Student Council.
- Using CMES social media by taking pictures, using Instagram and Facebook stories and contributing to posts.
- Overall, demonstrating sincerity, enthusiasm, credibility, interested and helpfulness in all aspects of the CMES Ambassador position.